10 Minutes with Megan Gale



10 Minutes with Megan Gale

TV presenter, fashion designer, actress, model, brand ambassador - Megan Gale is doing it all. We caught up with the Aussie glamazon to talk all things beautiful!

With a million-dollar-smile, it’s a no brainer Megan Gale would be the brand ambassador and face of teeth whitening product White Glo. Journalist Kristy Johnson found out from the star and mum-to-be, just how she manages to stay looking so good.

What’s the best piece of beauty advice you have come across, or a beauty tip you have learnt on a photo shoot?
I do believe true beauty comes from within and if you don’t look after yourself physically, emotionally and mentally, then you just won’t truly shine on the outside. Even though it can help, no amount of makeup can make you have that genuine glow that you get when you have a healthy diet, lots of water, adequate sleep and when you’re truly happy and content with life. Getting that balance is no easy feat and I definitely don’t have that balance all the time, but when it does come together it definitely makes a difference to your overall appearance.

Working in media, do you feel pressure to always look so good? Or are you able to keep everything in perspective?

Being in the public eye does mean you’re scrutinised a lot and that comes with the territory I guess. There is somewhat of a need to be groomed and look good all the time, especially when you represent brands in the beauty industry - you have to look the part and represent them 24/7. Of course, I do recognise that I’m only human too and there are days when I feel sick, or haven’t slept well and of course it’s much harder to look great. Especially on those days, I think you can’t put too much pressure on yourself at all and just do the best you can.

You look amazing. What foods could we always find in your fridge?

Yoghurt, fresh fruit, hazelnut milk and lactose free milk, lean red meat, chicken, eggs, broccoli, pumpkin, carrots, avocados and sparkling water. I try and have everything organic too as often as possible.

With a baby on the way, how are you managing with exercise?

Well as I’m heading into my third trimester I’m a bit limited as far as anything too high impact and aerobic, so I’m sticking to Pilates, Yoga, walking and swimming.

What made you want to become involved with White Glo?

It was a no brainer really. I was already using White Glo and loved it so not only did I know the brand and the product well, I genuinely believed in it and its benefits. They very generously had sent me a little package about six months before approaching me and I had actually run out of toothpaste at the time so it was perfect timing. I tried it and loved it!

Which of their products in particular do you love?

Being a coffee drinker I think it’s fantastic that they have a formula for those of us that love our coffee! It can be something that over time diminishes the brightness of your smile, so it’s great to have a product that can combat and prevent that.

Have you always been confident about your smile?

No, not really. I had braces when I was younger for two years so I did go through an awkward stage of not feeling comfortable about smiling. However that experience really taught me that you have to cherish and value your teeth. I also try and get to the dentist twice a year for a check-up and a good professional teeth cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment